1. ABOUT POLISPORT GROUP AND ITS COMMITMENT
Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Carregosa, Oliveira de Azeméis, Polisport Group currently includes, among others, the companies Polisport, Polinter, Polisport Molds, Polipromotion, as well as the brands Catlike, Bobike, Polisport Off-Road, Polisport Street.
Polisport Group is fundamentally committed to protecting the privacy of personal data of the respective holders and their rights, acting in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council), in force since May 25, 2018, and Law no. 58/2019, of August 8, which ensures the implementation, in the national legal system, of that Regulation.
3. CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
We are committed to protect the privacy of your personal data, and therefore we treat your data fairly and transparently, ensuring the confidentiality and security of the information we request from you, which is used only for the purposes expressly set forth herein and to which you have consented.
4. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT AND HOW?
Personal data is information that makes it possible to identify, directly or indirectly, a natural person (personal data subject), in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, an identification number, location data, preferences, among others. We collect only the information that is strictly necessary and relevant to the purposes for which it is intended. Thus, we may collect the following data: name, telephone contact, e-mail address and address; data such as date of birth may also be collected in connection with newsletter subscriptions, tax identification number and payment data on the product purchase invoice. We collect personal data in your interactions with us, particularly by filling out the contact and complaint forms, product registration, newsletter subscription and social media. We may also collect it from our distributors as part of the handling of complaints.
5. FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE PROCESS DATA?
We process the personal data you provide to us for the following specific purposes:
- or processing information requests and complaints and proposals for improvement and/or new product suggestion We process the data for the purpose of responding to your inquiries and complaints and to provide feedback on your proposals
- Product registration We process the data for the purpose of extending the product warranty and for product tracking purposes.
- Newsletters We process the data for the purpose of sending you regularly all the news from Mundo Polisport.
6. WHAT ARE THE DATA RETENTION PERIODS?
We process and store your personal data in accordance with the specific purposes for which they were collected and processed and only for the period of time necessary to fulfil these purposes.
Thus, the retention periods for personal data, according to each purpose of processing, are as follows:
- For processing information requests and complaints and proposals for improvement and/or suggestion of new product - 1 year, from the first contact by the holder
- Product registration - Product lifetime.
- Newsletters - the data will be kept until otherwise indicated by the owner. Each newsletter includes a link so that, at any time, the subscriber may remove his subscription.
7. TO WHOM DO WE TRANSMIT PERSONAL DATA?
8. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA TREATMENT?
Polisport Plásticos S.A. is responsible for the treatment of your personal data.
If you have any questions or require further information regarding the processing of personal data or the rights you enjoy as a data subject, please contact us through the following channels:
- Contact form;
- By telephone: +351 256 410 230 (Monday to Thursday, from 08.00 to 17.00, and Friday from 08.00 to 16.00);
- By email, to the email address: email@example.com;
- By letter, to the address: Avenida Ferreira de Castro, n.º 818, Fontanheira, 3720-024 Carregosa, Oliveira de Azeméis - Portugal.
9. WHAT RIGHTS DOES THE OWNER OF THE PERSONAL DATA HAVE
- The holder of personal data is granted, among others, the following rights:
- Right of access to their personal data, as well as to obtain confirmation as to whether they are processed, and to other information, such as the purposes of the processing.
- Right of rectification - you may request the rectification of inaccurate, outdated, or incomplete data.
- Right to erasure of data ("right to be forgotten") - you may request that your data be erased, and we are obliged to erase it when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and when you withdraw your consent or object to the processing and there are no legitimate interests justifying it;
- Right to restrict processing - in certain situations, you may request that we suspend processing (for example, if you contest the accuracy of your personal data, the processing will be restricted in its use for a period that allows us to verify its accuracy);
- Right to object to processing - you may object to your data being processed for reasons relating to your particular situation. You may also object to the processing of the data for direct marketing purposes, in which case the data will immediately cease to be processed for this purpose.
- Right to data portability - you may request that the personal data you have provided be delivered to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may also request that we transmit your data directly to another entity, where technically possible.
The personal data subject also enjoys the right to withdraw at any time the consent he or she has given for the processing of his or her personal data. If he/she withdraws his/her consent, his/her data will no longer be processed, but the withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing of personal data that has been carried out up to that date based on the consent previously given.
The holder of personal data also has the right to lodge complaints with the competent national supervisory authority, which, in Portugal, is the National Commission for Data Protection. For more information, access www.cnpd.pt.
You may exercise any of the rights assured to you at any time, free of charge, by writing to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond as soon as possible, without undue delay and within a maximum period of one month from the date of receipt of the request.
10. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We treat the personal data you provide us with a focus on their security and integrity in order to protect them from accidental or illicit destruction, loss, damage, and unauthorized disclosure or access. To that end, Polisport Group regularly performs security audits to its IT infrastructure. Any breach of personal data that may imply a high risk to your rights and freedoms will be notified to the competent control authority once it is known.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (USE AND RISK)
Polisport Group cannot be held responsible for any losses or damages, in terms of civil liability, that are a consequence of the incorrect use of the website and its contents by the user, the access to the user's computer and computer system by third parties, viruses, among others. Although the Polisport Group is committed to the security of the website and puts in place the appropriate technical, physical and logical protection measures to ensure its protection, it cannot guarantee nor declare that the files available for download are free of viruses, worms, trojans, scripts or any other code or program that contains destructive or harmful properties. We therefore advise you to take every precaution to protect your personal data while using the internet, including changing passwords frequently and ensuring the use of a browser that allows the use of SSL communication.
12. PARTNER WEBSITES
What are cookies?
How are cookies used?
Visitors to this website use different computers and web browsers. To make your visits as easy as possible, a record is automatically kept of the type of browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) and operating system (e.g. Windows, Macintosh) used and the domain name of your internet service provider.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to help determine the usefulness, interest, and number of uses of your websites, allowing you to navigate more quickly and efficiently and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information
What kind of cookies do we use?
Permanent cookies: these are cookies that are stored in the browser in your access equipment (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used every time you visit one of our websites again. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user's interests, allowing us to provide a more personalized service.
Session cookies: these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies is used to analyze web traffic patterns, allowing us to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
Strictly necessary cookies: They allow you to navigate the website and use its applications, as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided.
Analytical Cookies: These are used anonymously to create and analyse statistics in order to improve the functioning of the website.
Functionality Cookies: Store user preferences regarding the use of the site, so that you do not need to re-configure the site each time you visit.
Third-Party Cookies: measure the success of third-party applications and advertising effectiveness. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
Advertising Cookies: Target advertising according to the interests of each user, in order to direct advertising campaigns taking into account the tastes of users, and also limit the number of times you see the ad, helping to measure the effectiveness of advertising and the success of the organization of the website.
How can you manage cookies?
All browsers allow you to accept, refuse or delete cookies, notably by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. You can configure cookies in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser.
Please note, however, that disabling cookies may prevent some web services from working properly, affecting website navigation in whole or in part.
For more information about cookies and how to prevent them from being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive, you can visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
You can find information about cookie control according to your internet browser at the following addresses:
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835